In lieu of yesterday's absent post on my mundane musings, here are a few things that I like....
Sitting in the house listening to the rain outside
Kicking up the autumn leaves as I walk to work with my breath creating puffs of clouds in the cold air
The sight of winter sunlight
The smell of spring
A hot bath with lots of bubbles to ease my aching shoulders and back
The prospect of the 90 or so tulip bulbs I planted blooming in spring
Jumping in puddles
Savouring the sensation of chocolate melting in my mouth
The smell and taste of mulled wine
Watching heartwarming films on the sofa with my mum in law as we share a bowl of popcorn
Unopened letters and parcels...how exciting!
The smell of fresh coffee and home made cookies
Getting the giggles when I shouldn't
The smell of a real Christmas tree
A uncharted kingdom of a new book
The smell of knowledge in a library
The look on L's face when he opens presents from me
Inhabiting that half world of semi-consciousness, are you awake or asleep or thousands of miles away somewhere in between?
The flip of my stomach when L returns after a period of absence
It's the small things in life that possibly so many others miss which make me smile.
No comments:
Post a Comment